Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Miracles and angels...

This is a detail of the angel that sits below Our Lady of Guadalupe supporting her, supposedly reflecting the face of Juan Diego, or at least his resemblance. In this very short entry, I am simply announcing that I have happily received funding for the Life Icon Project.  We all need our angels, and God has sent one to me to support this effort and undertaking.  I am deeply grateful, and although I do not yet know where she will end up when complete, that becomes an intrinsic part of the wonder of the unfolding of process--of approaching the unknown in faith.  St. Bernard's has declined having her in its arms, and so time will tell. I am fully encouraged that she will have her perfect home, so now I wait as the icon board is being made by my neighbor, a master carpenter.  I am gathering supplies, and will soon return to elaborate on the journey that has just begun.  My heart is full.
    

2 comments:

  1. Please please contact me. I am also revealing that Our Lady of Guadalupe wishes to reveal theological truths through the language of iconography.

    ReplyDelete